Monday, June 18, 2012

Florida Vacation

We are finally back home from a wonderful vacation in Florida.  Tyler and I got to Orlando around lunch on Wednesday.  The drive down wasn't too bad since we stayed in Savannah on Tuesday night to break up the trip.  I get slightly restless if I'm in a car too long, but I guess everyone does.  When we arrived at Hilton Grand Vacations Suites we went straight to their pool.  We spent the afternoon sitting by the pool with drinks in our hand.  This was a wonderful place to stay.  If anyone is going to Orlando anytime soon, I recommend staying here.


Later on Wednesday afternoon, we went Aquatica.  Buying Discovery Cove tickets allows you tickets to Aquatica and SeaWorld.  We had so much fun at the water park.  Very few people were there late in the day so the lines were short.  They have a slide that is glass so you can see through it as it goes through a tank of Commerson's Dolphins.  So neat! 


Thursday was the big day that we were able to go to Discovery Cove.  I seriously could not sleep from the excitement.  We spent the morning snorkeling through a reef with tropical fish and stingrays.  It was so amazing being able to touch things like this and swim with them.  Tyler is a pro at snorkeling since he goes spear fishing in Wrightsville Beach.  I, on the other hand, had to get the hang of it.  Once I did, Tyler couldn't get me out of the water.  Early afternoon, we were able to swim with the dolphins.  Our specific dolphin was 8 years old, which is very young for dolphins, and her name is Dot.  She was beautiful.  We learned a few training signals that make dolphins do tricks.  I learned a signal that makes dolphins put their nose in your hands so you can kiss them.  I was seriously in love.  




We were able to swim out to a location where Dot came and picked us up for a ride back to shore.  It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had.  I wish I could relive it every day.  




We went to SeaWorld on Friday.  I've been here about 15 times and it never gets old.  It was Tyler's first time so it was so neat seeing his reaction to everything.  


We went to my visit my family in the Clearwater and St. Pete area on Saturday.  It was good to see them, even if it was only for a night.  I had the most amazing vacation.  I could not have asked for a better graduation present.  




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going back to Orlando this July and you guys look like you had so much fun

Portuguese Prepster said...

sounds fantastic! I've never been to sea world either and would love to go! Love the pictures of you and the dolphin! so cute!