Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Azalea Triathlon

Words can not describe how busy I have been trying to juggle everything.  School is becoming very busy as I am nearing the end (WEIRD, I know!).  It was nice to take time away from my busy schedule last weekend to enjoy the Azalea Triathlon.  Tyler competed in it along with his parents and their friends.  They had to swim 300 meters, bike 10 miles, and run 3.1 miles.  That exhausts me just thinking about it.  While it is always a huge accomplishment to finish a triathlon, Tyler's situation was even more special to me.  4 years ago this month, Tyler got into a terrible car wreck.  The doctor didn't think he would be able to keep his right leg.  Luckily, they were able to save his leg.  After undergoing 3 surgeries and so much pain, Tyler finally worked his muscle up in his leg.  I have watched him go through so much and work harder than anyone I have ever seen to get to where he is.  His determination to compete in this race was extraordinary.  I have never felt so proud as I did when he crossed the finish line.





2 comments:

Courtney B said...

Oh WOW! Tyler is amazing! A huge congratulations to him for finishing this triatholon!

Portuguese Prepster said...

wow! That is amazing for Tyler!