I love everything about Sundays. I love sleeping in a little later and going to church and having a yummy home cooked meal for supper. Last night I tried a new pasta recipe from Alexandra's Kitchen. I could seriously eat pasta every night. The recipe was to die for. I changed her recipe up a little bit to make it my own.
Salt and Pepper
Package of bacon
Package of orecchiette pasta
3/4 pound of asparagus cut into 1 inch strips
2 large eggs
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and additional for serving
1 tablespoon of lemon zest
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1/2 cup of parsley leaves
1. Boil water and place pasta in water.
2. Cut bacon into 1 inch stripes and cook over medium heat in a skillet. Take bacon out once it is done and place between paper towels to soak up the grease. Once the bacon is done, place the chopped onion in the bacon grease to cook.
3. Place 1 inch asparagus pieces in pot of boiling water with the pasta when it has about 5 minutes left to cook.
4. Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley together to make the pasta sauce.
5. Drain the pasta and asparagus.
6. Mix the pasta, asparagus, bacon, and homemade sauce in the saucepan with the onions.
7. Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
After dinner, Tyler and I took Lilly to play outside of his house. She was exhausted after playing fetch so we put her up for a nap and had a long walk on the beach. It was so nice enjoying the beautiful view of Wrightsville Beach. I spent almost every day at the beach last week. I'm trying to soak up all the beach life I can before I move off the island next week and start working non-stop.