Monday, July 9, 2012

Phi Mu National Convention

Where do I even begin with how wonderful this past week was in San Antonio?  First of all, I had never been to Texas before so just simply going was exciting.  All of the meals were amazing.  I don't think I've ever eaten as much beef though.  We had steak for lunch our first day and ribs the second day.  I'm not used to eating such heavy lunches.  Needless to say, I will be eating a lot of turkey and chicken this week :)  It was so interesting sitting in the business sessions.

Every small detail was perfect at convention.  I was obsessed with all of the centerpeices for our meals. The very last night of convention we have a Carnation Banquet.  This was unbelievably gorgeous.  The flowers were perfect and the dinner was delicious.  I am so proud to say that my chapter at UNC Wilmington was awarded the Philomathean Society award.  It was so exciting to see all of the awards that the chapters and alumnae chapters have won due to their dedication to our fraternity.

I really enjoyed being able to hang out with the Phi Mu chapter consultants this past week.  I am even more excited and ready to begin my job with these amazing women.  We will all be reunited at headquarters 2 weeks from today to begin our training.


Everyone at convention is given a name tag to wear


2012-2013 Chapter Consultants 


The University of Arkansas chapter consultant team!  So excited to recognize our Alpha Beta chapter this fall!


Collegiate luncheon 






No comments: