Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lasting Memories

Hey Y'all! I hope everyone had a wonderful day today. I've been busy baking for Christmas and working at The Wright Shop. It's a really cute gift shop near the Wrightsville Beach bridge. I love baking and I'm going to attempt to make cake pops tonight. I'll let you know how they turn out. I've bought the food coloring and cute baby bags for each one to be wrapped in so let's hope they turn out good! I've also been busy the past few days trying to finish up my Christmas shopping. It takes me a little longer because I have to buy gifts for my dad since he struggles in that area :)

I always love Christmas time and the time I get to spend with family and friends. It is also a time when people are reminded of their lost loved ones. I always think of my mom a lot this time of the year. She passed away in July of 2009 to cervical cancer. She loved Christmas and I miss her dearly all the time and especially at Christmas. My Granny and I try to keep the memory of her alive at Christmas by putting little shoes on the tree and her grave. My mom loved shoes and there is a funny story to go along with Christmas shoes. Every year my Granny's boyfriend, John, would give my mom a pair of shoes for Christmas but he would first give her a baby pair of shoes as a gag gift. She would laugh so hard every year. My Granny and I keep the memory of her alive and remember the good times we had with her every Christmas.

My heart goes out to my big sister, and dear friend, Kristin this year. Her mother passed away a couple weeks ago to cancer. I know she and her dad will have a very hard time this Christmas.

This Christmas, I hope that everyone can cherish each memory they make with the ones they love and to remember those who are no longer with us.

No comments: