Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend with family and friends. It's weird that when you get older time spent with family and friends means so much more than what it used to. I had a blast with my family on Christmas Eve. We ate way too much, as usual. I had such a good time with my Granny. She has a wonderful spirit about her that I hope I can have when I am her age. There is never a dull moment, that's for sure. One of my favorite presents that I got for Christmas is a beautiful picture of my mom when she was engaged. My Granny enlarged a wallet sized picture she had and gave this to me as my gift from heaven. It is by far my favorite gift. It was good to spend time with my dad and pets at home. I am an animal lover so I love it when I can go home and spend time with my "babies".

Everyone loved their gifts that I gave them. It's sad that they are all gone though! I loved watching everyone's faces as they opened their gifts. Nothing could compare to Tyler's face when he opened his gift though. I gave him a Nikon 500 camera for Christmas! He was so surprised. Tyler works for Lumina News and Wrightsville Beach Magazine as a reporter so I knew it would come in handy if he was ever doing a story and wanted to take a picture. He is really talented with photography so I know this camera will get good use out of it.

I tried this yummy recipe I found on Pinterest for one of our side dishes for Christmas Eve dinner. It was the best creamed corn I have ever had. Here is the recipe if you want to try it out (it's super simple).

4 lbs frozen sweet corn
2 packs of cream cheese cut into 1 inch squares
1 stick of butter
3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
4 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Toss into a crockpot on low heat for 4 hours and serve!

I'm on the way to Knoxville, Tennessee with Tyler's family until Saturday. We have 2 cars, 5 people, and 2 chocolate labs with us. The views of the mountains are gorgeous. I will be sure to post pictures from the trip.

Here are some pictures from Christmas-



No comments: