Friday, January 13, 2012

Freaky Friday

Happy Friday Y'all!

I realize that today is Friday the 13th and it's supposed to be crazy, but SO FAR I have had a good day.  No surprises just yet.  I have had a wonderful week in my internship.  It was so good to see the kids again.  I'm not going to lie, it was very hard to get up on Wednesday morning at 6AM, but I managed.  Tyler was so sweet that he bought me (and him, of course) a Mr. Coffee Keurig maker.  I'm going to need a cup of coffee in the mornings to get me to wake up.  When I got to school, I went into my classroom to find the cutest desk waiting for me.  My teacher and my assistant teacher had gotten me an adorable little stationary gift set and a supply organizer.  The stationary was animal print and she explained that I was entering the jungle so it was fitting :)  I am beyond excited to have this!  (I feel so official!)



On Fridays we have a fun Friday snack.  The snack usually ties in with the theme of the week.  This past week our theme was snowmen so it was only fitting that we would make a snowman for our fun snack.  I had seen this on Pinterest so I was so excited when I found out the students were doing this today.


Melting Snowman


Half of a gram cracker
1 tub of white icing
2 packs of marshmallows
Pack of Rolls
M&Ms
Mini Chocolate Chips
Gel Icing (Any color)

1. Start with half of a gram cracker.  Melt the tub of icing in the microwave and spread on the gram cracker.

2. Place marshmallows in the microwave until they start to expand.  Place 1 marshmallow at the top of the gram cracker and push down on it to give it the melting effect.

3.  Place the Rolo candy on the marshmallow for the hat.

4.  Make eyes, a nose, and a mouth out of the mini chocolate chips.  Use the M&Ms for the buttons.

5.  For the scarf, put a line of gel icing where the marshmallow meets the gram cracker.

6. ENJOY!

By the way, Tyler found out tonight he has been accepted into his first law school!  I couldn't be more proud of him.  He has been accepted to Belmont in Nashville, Tennessee.  I can't wait to hear all of the other schools he gets accepted to.

Enjoy your Friday night!

1 comment:

Beth B. said...

LOVE your desk!!! I felt so official to get my desk, too! Elementary school seems like so much fun :) Also I'm jealous that you get to go to school at the beach!! haha