Friday, January 20, 2012

Under the Weather

I'm sorry that I haven't blogged the past few days but I have been a little under the weather.  I knew it wouldn't be too long before the kindergartner's got me sick.  I have the WORST immune system.  I have now lost my voice completely... great.  The doctor said that it is just a "winter cold" that lasts 5 weeks.  I'm sure hoping it isn't going to last that long though.  I have a seminar at UNCW during the day tomorrow then it's the weekend.  I am hoping to rest up and relax.

Since I've been sick, it has made me realize all of the things that are necessities for me when I'm feeling under the weather:

1.  Bubble Baths
I love taking baths, and when I'm sick nothing makes me feel better than taking a nice hot bath.  On Tuesday I took 4 baths :)


2.  Movies
I love movies and being sick gives me an excuse to watch them all day long.  Chick-flicks are the best.


3.  Comfy Clothes
I have been living in comfy clothes.  This usually consists of leggings, a tee shirt, and Uggs.  If I have to go anywhere, I usually throw on a hat.  (This is so people won't recognize me when I'm feeling my worst.)


4.  Soup
I've had so much soup recently that I can't even think about having another bowl, but it is the perfect thing to have when you're sick.  My favorite soup is my Mom and Granny's chicken and rice soup.  I have the recipe but didn't feel like making it.  I just stuck with the Campbell's chunky baked potato soup (which is amazing by the way) and tomato soup.

What are some of your necessities when you're sick?

No comments: