Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful first day of 2012.  I just got back from Tennessee last night and had a great time.  Tyler's family rented a cabin in the mountains for a few days and I didn't have any service to keep everyone updated on my trip so I will make up for it now.  

The night before we went to the mountains, Tyler's aunt Jami took me, his mom, his sister Jordan, and his cousin Elizabeth to Sips N' Strokes.  This is where you paint and get to sip on wine while doing so.  I have always wanted to do something like this so I was so excited when I found out this was my Christmas present from Jami.  I painted a peacock and I think it turned out pretty well for my first time painting a canvas.  I had such a good time and want to go back again very soon.  



The cabin we stayed in was in the town, Cosby which is near Pigeon Forge.  The cabin was very secluded, which I really liked.  We got there on Thursday and left yesterday morning early.  Tyler's aunt and cousin's were all there and we had a great time with all of them.  It was fun being able to spend time with his family.  




Yesterday we drove from the mountains of Tennessee to Wrightsville Beach.  It was really weird waking up to the views of mountains and going to sleep looking at the ocean.  As much as I loved the mountains, I could never give up the coastal lifestyle that I have.  Tyler and I spent New Years with great friends at the beach.  2011 was a great year but I am looking forward to all the things that 2012 will bring.  I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years! 


No comments: