Monday, January 16, 2012

I Adore Long Weekends

Happy MLK Day!  I have spent the day resting in bed since I am starting to get a cold (yuck!), watching Dawson's Creek, lesson planning, and my all time favorite activity- pinning on Pinterest.  I have had a wonderful weekend, minus the whole getting a cold thing.  I tend to appreciate the weekends more now that I am interning during the week. Tyler's band played on Friday night and I went to watch him.  It has been so long since I've seen him play live.  He usually plays his guitar while I'm at his house, which I love.  It's so different when he is with the band though.  He is unbelievably talented and I am by far his biggest fan.


On Saturday Tyler, Lilly, and I took a walk on the beach before it got dark.  I really want to start doing this more often when I get home from school since it is staying lighter for longer.  It gives me time to think and relax.  With all of the huge events I have coming up like job interviews and graduation I am going to need time to relax and get my thoughts in order.




Kevin and Kayla came over to dinner last night and we grilled chicken kabobs.  They were so yummy.  I've been using the grill more than I have in the past.  And by "I", I mean Tyler.  My goal is to grill out at least once a week.  We'll see how that goes.  


This is going to be a short week for me since we didn't have school today.  It also gives me time to devote to Phi Mu since we are about to begin spring recruitment.  Since I have been at UNCW, we have never been able to do spring recruitment.  We increased quota at the end of last year and we have 5 spots available from seniors who graduated early.  I am so excited to welcome these new Phis into our amazing sisterhood.  I have the t shirts designed for bid day and I can't wait to pick them up on Wednesday!

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: