Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Healthy Year

Well..I'm still sick.  The good news is I am finally starting to feel a little better.  I have more medicine now which is helping.  I've enjoyed laying around but I must admit, I am ready to get back in the gym.  Tomorrow will make a week since I've been and I am getting restless.  I hope that I can make it to O2 Fitness to do Body Pump tomorrow.  This has become my favorite class to take.  I love the way I feel after I work out.  One of my new years resolution was to live a healthier life.  Not necessarily lose a certain number of pounds or go to the gym 3 times a week, but simply be healthy.  For the past 3 years I have been extremely busy being involved in Phi Mu and on campus.  It's nice now that I am able to focus on myself a little more than I have in the past.  Going to the gym has really helped me feel better every day.  I actually look forward to going too!  A lot of my friends would probably laugh at me going to the gym to actually work out.  I used to joke freshmen year that I only went to the gym for the social aspect since all of my friends would spend hours there getting fit for spring break and summer.  I would do a few crunches and walk around and chat with everyone while they got in shape.  I must admit, I am starting to look a little toned too.  Nothing that anyone could possibly notice but me but it certainly makes me feel more motivated to go when I see results like I have been seeing.

If you ever happen to lose motivation, here is a little something to help.  It helps motivate me to work out harder and makes me giggle a little :)

3 comments:

Emma said...

I was sick for a good 3 weeks a couple weeks ago! Awful. Feel better!!

Courtney B said...

Aw, I hope you get feeling all the way better asap!
And I loved this post :) I think it's SO much better to live a healthier life than lose a certain number of pounds.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feet better and I agree with this post a whole lot